- Take Action
- News & Events
- 華裔家庭親身示範推純素食 逾百人溫市為農場動物請命
- A Mother's Day story about milk cows and veal calves
- A little bit of veal is in every glass of milk
- A store where vegans shop with peace of mind
- Animal Voices Radio Show
- Animal activists get the boot
- Animal groups look to help holiday turkeys
- Animal rights activist arrested for mischief
- Animal rights group tries to gag foie gras
- Anti-foie gras protesters file complaint over arrest
- Anti-fur activists bare it all today
- B.C. group launches zoo boycott over giraffe's death
- BC protesters get naked over fur coats
- Blogathon 2009 – Liberation BC
- Calf death prompts B.C. rodeo to cancel events
- Check your coats: Not all "faux" fur is fake
- Compassionate and Moving Animal Activism: Liberation BC and Paul McCartney in Vancouver, BC
- Consider helping a turkey instead of eating one this Thanksgiving
- Controversy re-ignites for bear hunting season
- Davie Day Street Festival
- Fight over foie gras
- Foie Gras Might Be A Gourmet's Delight - But Its Production Process Could Not Be More Brutal
- Foie gras is a dish best left unserved
- Fur flies at Aberdeen Centre
- Fur protest forces Bebe store to close
- Group pans restaurateur for foie gras statement
- Ignoring animal cruelty while fighting for environment is foolish
- Killing geese not the solution
- Liberation BC raises awareness of inhumane treatment of factory farm animals
- Metro Van’s only vegan store opens in New West
- Minister sees red over protest plan
- Monthly Volunteer Night (3rd Wednesday of every month)
- More to Thanksgiving than turkey?
- Naked anti-fur protest downtown
- National Anti-Fur Day Protest
- No appetite for foie gras protest among Kitsilano restaurateurs
- Spare the Beef, Save the Planet
- The cruel truth about organic and free-range meat and dairy products
- Top Vancouver restaurateur drops foie gras from the menu
- Understanding "Cruelty-Free" Eggs
- Vancouver animal-rights group protests dairy industry
- Vancouver should cut down on meat for planet: animal rights groups
- West End Car Free Day - June 15, 2008
- Where's the Lack of Beef, Greenest City Action Team?
BLIA Environmental and Spiritual Conservation Fair
May 12, 2012 - 10:00am - May 13, 2012 - 4:00pm
We will be tabling at the BLIA Environmental and Spiritual Conservation Fair in Richmond.
The Buddha's Light International Association (Vancouver) will host the “2012 BLIA Environmental and Spiritual Conservation Fair” on May 12 and 13 at the Richmond King George Park. Conservation remains the theme of this annual fair, which is designed to promote a sustainable and ethical lifestyle. New elements are incorporated this year to further strengthen the fair’s educational value for the visitors. We believe that conservation has to start from within each of us at a personal level.
The fair is a public community event open to everyone in the Lower Mainland. We expect some 3000 to 5000 people in total will attend this two-day fair. Free admission.
Same as last year, the fair will feature a vegetarian food fair, a market place and an exhibition on conservation. New for this year is a children’s playing area with games to encourage family participation by bringing children to the fair. Also new is an interfaith blessing for world peace by 5 different religions at the opening ceremony on May 12th at 10 am. To cultivate compassion towards animals, we will also showcase selected paintings (reproduction) of Feng Zikai from his renowned “Collection on Protecting Life”. Feng Zikai is a very famous Chinese Buddhist artist of the last century.
Learn more here.
King George Park
12360 Cambie Rd. (at Jacombs Rd.)Richmond, BC
Canada49° 11' 4.3836" N, 123° 5' 11.7348" W